Thursday, April 30, 2009

Susan Hersh Vivmag Interview My Beauty Revolution

Have you bumped into someone who you graduated high school with and they seem to the look the same from twenty five years ago? This could be good, if you are thinking she still has that innocent glow, blemish free skin and shiny lustrous hair. If your classmate seems too familiar, it could be that she has not changed her hair style, still insists on wearing that blue powder eye shadow or has eyebrows that are growing like a field of grass.

Anne M. Russell, editor in chief, Vivmag asked me to go back to my historic prom photo that was taken May 1980 and compare myself to how I approach make-up today and the change in my appearance to current status. The biggest change in my make-up application was that I did not use foundation as a student, had very little color on my eyes and a very light coat of mascara. Now I am more experimental with make-up trying new colors for the eyes and defining the eyes with a light smoked shadow. Two coats of mascara is needed today to build the lashes and create more definition. The only thing that remains the same is lip gloss minus the cherry flavor I sported in H.S., but still gives me a more youthful, natural sexy appeal.

Take at look in the mirror and think back to your high school days, and ask yourself what changes have you made with make-up and hair? If your mind is blank this is not a good sign. To keep your look fresh and current read magazines that define modern beauty and show the current make-up trends. Find a make-up consultant at a reputable retail store and bring in the make-up look that you feel is worthy for yourself and see if this is the right direction or if you need to tweak slightly to enhance your beauty. Step out, and take the time to see how you can take your beautiful features that define you (they belong to no one else) and show the world what you have.

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF CHANGE, AS CHANGE IS LIBERATING!

Below is the link to the article in Vivmag. After you open the link, click on the V at the bottom right corner to open the interview segment.

Vivmag Susan's Make-up Tips Jul-Aug 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment